Thursday, July 10, 2014

More Than Crafts

Every summer, I've always done "teen crafts". And I'd get a handful of girls. This year I wanted to try something a little different. I wanted to find something to encourage more boys to come. And I wanted to increase participation. So I lowered the target age group a little. Now the program includes 5th grade and older. Then I eliminated the word "crafts" from my program title. I still think it could use a little tweaking, but I went with "DIT Tuesdays" - Do It Together Tuesdays. And I tried to include more activities. 


So far everything has been successful. But the pudding pictionary, was great. And it was so cheap and easy! I used bulletin board paper that we had left over to cover the tables. Our library always posts a wish list for summer reading and I asked for pudding cups and cheap plastic table cloths from the dollar store. I used a pictionary generator to come up with words. And we were set. 
I divided the kids into two teams and they all took turns drawing. 








No comments: