Thursday, February 4, 2016

Early Literacy Calendars in Use

 Wondering about ways to use or distribute the YSS Early Literacy Calendar? Here are some ideas collected by Holly Storck-Post, Youth Services Coordinator, at Monroe Public Library.
  • I'm thinking about printing copies of the full calendar on cardstock, binding them with rings, and setting them out on the children's desk. Or I was also thinking about just giving out one month at a time, maybe stapling them to our library newsletter each month.
     
  • I use the Early Literacy Calendar to read the tips on the local radio.
     
  • I use it during storytime "Today's Early Literacy Tip for parents is....."
     
  • I have it on our website.
     
  • I put it in our eNewsletter, now and then.
     
  • I print out one month at a time and set it out at storytime and have it available in the children's room (we have a spinny thing with book lists) and I put one up on the wall too.
     
  • I highlight them in Storytime and try to do a couple of the activities in Storytime each month.
     
  • We’ve added the YSS Early Lit Calendar to the back of our monthly themed children’s newsletters.  We have copies of these available at our Youth Services Information Desk and patrons can freely take them.
If you have other tips to share with your youth services community, please send them along to me at scournoyer (at) mwfls (dot) org.

No comments: